The Foundation in Arts (Open and Distance Learning) is designed to provide interdisciplinary studies to give you early exposure to various fields, offering a wide education pathway. You get the knowledge to be able to think independently and creatively, communicate effectively with others, and boost your proficiency in the English language.
This online programme prepares you for direct entry to the first year of an undergraduate degree programme. Using tertiary-style teaching with online lectures, tutorials, and seminar-type classes, you will kick-start your undergraduate endeavours on a firm platform.
Malaysian and International Students: Malaysian Students
- SPM/SPMV/O Level Credit in any five (5) subjects
- UEC Grade B in three (3) subjects
- IB-Middle Year Programme 28 total points across the certificate’s 7 components
- Study Skills
- Introduction to Psychology
- Basic Business
- Introduction to Communication
- *Introduction to Media Production & Presentation
*Choose any ONE (1) electiveSemester 2
- Project Integration
- English 1
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Humanities
- Introduction to Legal Studies
- *Basic Accounting & Finance
- *Introduction to Creative Visual
*Choose any ONE (1) electiveSemester 3
- English 2
- Information & Communication Technology
- Statistics & Probability
- Introduction to Media Studies
- *Introduction to International Integration
- *Introduction to Event Management
*Choose any ONE (1) elective
Assessments are varied, and are either based on; full coursework (100%) or a combination of coursework (40 – 60%) and final examination (40 – 60%). Classes are held online via lectures, tutorials, discussions, or blended learning. Our students are expected to demonstrate their understanding through several forms of assessment, including but not limited to; examinations, quizzes, reports, projects, and presentations.
Students can pursue a wide range of study options at bachelor’s degree level including arts, humanities, business, law, social sciences, and information technology.