Programme Overview(N-DL/321/7/0244) (04/27) (MQA/PA 15064)
In this fast-paced, data-driven world, strong communication is crucial to linking brands, customers, stakeholders, and products. In this Online MA in Professional Communication, you will learn how to merge established theory with industry practices to excel in your career as a communications practitioner.Our faculty bring real-world expertise to the classroom. Their years of industry experience will help you stay plugged into the evolution of the communications field. You will embark on work-integrated education experiences, giving you the chance to enhance the quality of your portfolio and the opportunity for meaningful industry exposure.With this online programme, you have the flexibility to earn a Master’s on your own schedule. You will learn new skills under the guidance of our experienced faculty, all while gaining valuable experience in your chosen field.
- Well-renowned professors as educators
- 100% coursework, no final exams
- Interactive learning via Open Learning
- Flexible remote and self-directed learning
- Industry Exposure
- Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in the field or related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 or its equivalent as accepted by Senate; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field or related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted, subject to rigorous internal assessment; OR
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience (minimum 5 years) in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite course determined by HEP and meet the minimum CGPA as stated above; OR
- Entry requirements for admission into the Master’s programme (Level 7, MQF) through APEL as approved by the Ministry of Education (MOHE); OR
- Other equivalent/related qualifications recognised by the Government of Malaysia.
English language competency requirements for international students:
- Proof of English proficiency certification will be required e.g. IELTS, MUET, TOEFL.
- English language requirements can be waived if the international student EITHER comes from a country that uses English as the official language OR the entry qualification uses English as the medium of instruction
- Communication Theories
- Professional Communication
- Organisational Communication
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Social Media
- Brand Management
- Global Communication
- Public Relations
- Communication Research Methods
- Graduate Research Project 1
- Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Media Law and Ethics
- Graduate Research Project 2
Students of this programme are assessed through coursework only, with no final exams. Classes are 100% online, which includes lectures, and tutorials. Our students are expected to demonstrate their understanding through several forms of assessment, including but not limited to; reports, presentations, and research papers.
Total Fees (Full-time): MYR22,100
Total Fees (Part-time): MYR21,960
Total Fees (Full-time): MYR27,760
Total Fees (Part-time): MYR25,120