Faculty of Arts & Science
Arts and Science is an integrated Faculty encompassing the School of Communication & Technology and the School of Science & Psychology. It is a place where students learn to think critically, communicate, interpret and judge independently – skills that are highly sought after by employers globally. Our goal is to integrate practical experience and industry exposure with academic knowledge, so our graduates have every opportunity to become effective, compelling leaders in their fields.
Programmes at the School of Communication & Technology teach valuable skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, and new ways of approaching complex questions; as well as the practical experience and theoretical knowledge students need to thrive in industries where innovation is driving change. The school places a focus on employability and industry engagement. Students gain ample exposure to genuine industry practices with real-world practitioners within the field, ensuring graduates leave with the skills they need ready to make an impact on any organisation.
Programmes at the School of Science & Psychology are designed to give students the best of both worlds, emphasising both knowledge and practical applications. The faculty stands out for the quality of academic teaching and research in different areas of science and psychology. With an emphasis on real-world applications, the goal of the school is to integrate innovative learning and the holistic acquisition of knowledge in interdisciplinary fields with practical experience, industry exposure and relevant technologies.
Why Study at the Faculty of Arts & Science
- Conforms to the ACM/IEEE Computing Curricula Standards (Computer Science)
- Recognised by MNCC & SEARCC as conforming to the Seoul Accord (Computer Science)
- Accredited by MBOT (Biotechnology)
- Complies with the National Biotechnology Policy (Biotechnology)
IUMW’s Dual Award programmes are offered in collaboration with our partner university, the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD), UK. When you graduate, you will receive certification from both IUMW and UWTSD. You will be taught by the UTWSD academic team through the Dual Award collaborative teaching initiative, and can also study at one of UWTSD’s campuses in the UK as part of the study abroad scheme.
- Offer the best of UK and Malaysian education through our Dual Awards programmes
- The faculty has a strong and collaborative relationship with our partner university, UWTSD, including the Swansea College of Art and Carmarthen School of Art; known to be among the best in the UK and Europe.
- Graduates accepted around the world as Malaysia is a signatory of various mutual recognition accords, such as the Seoul Accord for Computing
- Opportunity to study in the UK at UWTSD through the student exchange programme
- Programmes designed with industrial orientation and jointly reviewed by academics and the Industry Advisory Panel (IAP)
- Students undertake projects for real industry clients
- Industry visits to public, private and voluntary sector establishments for talks, workshops and training. Students benefit from the faculty’s strong relationships and partnerships with a variety of organisations
- Contains components from industry such as the MDEC- Intel® AI Academy programme for Artificial Intelligence (Computer Science)
- Access to industry developed materials such as Oracle Academy for Java Programming (Computer Science) • Mapped to SFIA 7 for Digital Workforce (Computer Science)
Faculty News & Highlights
School of Science & Psychology
Industry practitioners and renowned academic scholars, the faculty’s experienced academic team is transforming business by tackling global and regional challenges. Meet the experts in your field, ready to take your education to the next level.