Solving Life's Problems: Gratitude & Love
Have you been looking for ways to resolve some of your major problems in life? It is easy to get swept up in the challenges we face day to day, something we all do. But sometimes it is worth taking a step back and looking at our life from a more macro scale.
Take a look at this short film below, but before you do, take a minute to ask yourself:
- How do you see the world? Is it always fair or is there darkness everywhere?
- Do you feel excited every day, where life can give you joy or do you see the reality that is sad and stressed to see how the world works?
- Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?
After viewing the short film, you may use the Self-Reflection Questions below to understand how both parties felt, thought, and behaved on every day’s blessing given to them in order to access your own Gratitude & Love.
For the young man:
- What do you think and feel if you are the homeless man? Are you able to feel the difficulties by being him?
- Do you feel the pressure and are unsure about daily life? Where do you feel you are heading?
- How do you continue to survive in this world?
For the deaf-blind man (imagine that you are in his shoes):
- How do you navigate daily life routines?
- What kind of motivation do you give yourself in order to continue living?
- What is the meaning of life?
After doing some self-reflection, you may be given a sense of purpose, this in turn can lead to happiness and productivity. You might feel a greater appreciation for living and for life. All the problems in your life may seem little compared to both men, right?
It is how you put your focus into, instead of comparing with others. The focus point is what can you do with what you have instead of what can the society give and do for you. Please do not hesitate to contact our registered counsellor for counselling session if you would like to seek additional support.