Last Updated 12th July 2022
We are pleased to inform you that the campus will be fully open to all students from 1st July 2022. This means that some of your classes with be delivered physically on-campus. We also encourage all student activities to be conducted physically. The MKN has released a set of guidelines for university operations which we will observe. Here are some important points to note:
- For international students who have been issued with VAL, you are strongly advised to enter Malaysia as there will be no extension given once your VAL has expired. This would mean you will be required to apply for a new visa with a set of new payments your VAL has expired. You may contact Mr Mohammad Nizam from the International Student Office via email: [email protected] OR [email protected]
- Students requiring accommodation are advised to contact the Accommodation Office by writing to [email protected] OR the Student Service Center’s email at [email protected]
- The university will continue with a hybrid mode of learning which means some of the classes will be online and some physical. For the July semester, most of the examinations will be conducted online unless a physical exam is specifically advised as necessary by the lecturers. Please check with your lecturers on the class and exam arrangement.
- Face masks are required indoors but we would recommend you also wear them outdoors.
- The campus is still undergoing some refurbishment work, especially near Block C where the cafeteria, auditorium and student centre are. Planning is underway to have food vendors on-site.
- In view of the worsening traffic in the Klang Valley, we strongly advise you to plan your journey well in advance to the campus.
With the above information, we hope you will be able to make the necessary arrangements ready for your return to campus. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus and if you need any assistance, please reach out to Student Service Centre via email: [email protected], or your mentor/ lecturer.
Support and Guidance
We understand that online learning may be challenging to some so if you are having any difficulty, please reach out to the Student Services Centre at [email protected] who will channel your enquiry to the respective personnel.
Counselling services are also available should you require help or have concerns over your wellbeing. You may contact them by writing to [email protected] or via the booking form below. Our registered counsellor will be in touch with you for confirmation.
*Confidentiality: According to the Malaysia Counsellors Act 1998 (Act 580), all materials and information discussed during the counselling sessions are strictly confidential, except when there is imminent danger of harm to the client or another person.
For questions and additional support, please do not hesitate to contact us via:
For assistance with academic matters, please contact your Programme Coordinator:
Faculty of Arts & Science
Shahril Efzueni Rozali ([email protected])
Computer Science & Information Technology
Undergraduate: Caroline Selvarajah ([email protected])
FAS Postgraduate (Masters)
Safrena Noreen Abd Malek ([email protected])
FAS Postgraduate (PhD)
Dr. Rahim Abdul Rachman ([email protected])
Health & Safety
We encourage everyone to continue to adhere to all preventive and general hygiene measures by following the guidelines set by professional and regulatory agencies. Our priority is the health and safety of our students, staff, and the wider community. We will continue to work closely with authorities and keep our stakeholders informed of any changes as the situation continues to evolve.
Thank you, and stay safe.