IUMW has a wide network of industry partnerships and connections that engage with students in a variety of contexts to support our mission to create and deliver employability education. This helps you gain real-world expertise and practical skills that will give you a competitive edge in the workplace.
We value our strong links with industry, which enables us to support our students’ progression in several ways.
- Students are given opportunities to engage with professionals, getting the exposure they need as well as the chance to promote their skills to employers at an early stage
- We hold regular events at the University including workshops, guest lectures, webinars, talk shows and career days, each of which is a stepping stone to a successful career upon graduation
- Students get the chance to embark on industrial-driven assignments to boost their portfolios and prepare them for the increasingly complex demands of the workplace
Degrees at IUMW include the chance to gain invaluable work experience through an internship programme - designed to develop job-ready graduates.
- Prepares you for the job market through gaining valuable experience in a professional workplace environment
- Opportunity to expand your professional network
- Build confidence, character and soft skills
- Put into practice what you have learned at university
- Chance to bring fresh perspectives and new ideas into a working environment
“My Maybank Internship”
Industry Advisory Panel
The Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) at IUMW was established to provide strategic advice on the university’s education and research activities and to promote and strengthen academic-industry collaboration. IAP members include distinguished leaders from private and public sector organisations who are highly valued for their expertise and external industry perspective.
IAP objectives include:
- Module and Content Development
- Industry Linkages & Networking
- Continuing & Professional Development
- Research and Development
- Professional & Community Outreach Activities