Study in the UK, for the experience of a lifetime
By enrolling for a Dual Award degree at IUMW, you have the opportunity to study at our partner university, the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) in Wales, part of the UK. The study abroad period will usually take place during level 5 (semesters 3 and 4). The fee for the mobility programme is GBP 3500.
UWTSD has attractive campuses located at some beautiful locations across Wales, which are in Carmarthen, Lampeter, and Swansea. Your programme will determine which campus you study at while you’re in Wales.
Studying abroad may be one of the most beneficial experiences for a university student. You get the opportunity to study in a foreign nation and take in the allure and culture of a new land.
When you return home, you will return with a new perspective on culture, language skills, a great education, and a willingness to learn. Needless to say, all of these are very attractive to future employers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to join the mobility programme?
To join the mobility programme, you must be a Dual Award student studying towards a UK degree at IUMW.
Are there any additional fees to be paid, or has that been included in the semester fees paid over the course of the year?
In addition to your Dual Award fee, you will need to pay the Mobility Fee of GBP3500
Approximately, how much money is needed for accommodation, food and bills once there?
It will largely depend on your lifestyle but a moderate lifestyle could be estimated at a budget of around RM30-40k. You will need to provide evidence of being able to financially support yourself before going to Wales and send it along with the Erasmus application Form. The forms can be found on the IUMW Website.
Which modules will I study at UWTSD?
You should consult with your Programme Coordinator in order to determine
a) The semester you are going, and;
b) The modules you will undertake at UWTSD
Who is responsible for applying for the visa?
The student is responsible for applying for the visa – however, Malaysian students do not need a visa to study in Wales.
What type of IELTS test do you need to take?
The type of IELTS you have to take is ACADEMIC IELTS. For information on IELTS, contact Ms Tayany A/P Kalianan: [email protected]
When do I need to submit the documents to apply for the mobility programme?
For an Academic year beginning in September (UWTSD, UK), all documents must be sent to the Wales Desk and Partnerships before the 1 July of that year.
What are the documents we need to prepare?
The Erasmus Form should be completed by the student and supported with the following documents:
- A completed application Erasmus Form with signed and dated declaration.
- One completed academic reference – Must be any IUMW lecturer
- Certified* copies of original previous Qualification certificates & current partial transcripts of degree at IUMW
- Copy of financial evidence
- Certified* copy of passport (front page only)
- Certified* copies of current and previously issued visas (International Student only)
- IELTS certificates from an approved IELTS centre (where English is not the first language). Only IELTS Academic is accepted for the application.
- Vaccination Certificate from MySejahtera / Related providers
*Certified referring to general certified true copy only.
What are the grading requirements for IELTS?
An overall English Language level equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with no lower than 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
Who will pick us up from Heathrow Airport?
If you arrange your arrival in line with UWTSD’s pick-up services, a representative from UWTSD will pick you up from Heathrow Airport. The offer letter issued by UWTSD will provide the date and time of pick-up.
Will accommodation be arranged for us?
There is no arrangement for accommodation, however, you can arrange for accommodation once the offer letter from UWTSD is out. You can also check the UWTSD website for information on accommodation arrangements.
Who do we liaise with to find a place to stay while we are there?
You can liaise with senior students who have already studied in Wales – that is the best way to ensure you will be comfortable with the place of stay.
For an Academic year beginning in January (UWTSD, UK); all documents must be sent to the Wales Desk and Partnerships before the 1st September of the previous year.
- The Admissions Office at UWTSD will send an unconditional offer to students who wish to study at UWTSD for one semester.
- Once a Malaysian student receives the Unconditional Offer Letter – they can use this to enter the UK for their short semester study
- For an international student, upon receipt of the Unconditional Offer Letter – they can then apply for the study visa
- Students who receive the Conditional Offer Letter will need to ensure the conditions stipulated are fulfilled. Once the conditions are fulfilled, UWTSD will issue an Unconditional Offer Letter, allowing students to travel to the UK (with a visa for foreign students).
To apply, please get in touch with your programme coordinator. You will need to fill in the international application form and return it with: